My name is Thomas Bibby, I live in Limerick, Ireland. Read more about me»
- Parliamentary Assistant March 9, 2020
- Submission to the public consultation on the Land Development Agency’s master planning of Colbert Station February 28, 2020
- Transport and Mobility January 2, 2020
- Limerick Pedestrian Network November 4, 2019
- Submission to draft Limerick City and County Council corporate plan 2019-2024 October 17, 2019
- A smart bird box to measure traffic and air quality October 5, 2019
- Forty, Thirty, Twenty, Ten: make Limerick’s transport work again July 11, 2019
- Time to start building Limerick’s cycle network June 10, 2019
All content by category
- Submission to draft Limerick City and County Council corporate plan 2019-2024October 17, 2019
- Time to start building Limerick’s cycle networkJune 10, 2019
- The young people of Limerick have spoken, it’s time to act on climate changeMarch 15, 2019
- Memories of the abortion referendum campaign in LimerickNovember 22, 2018
- What’s next after Repealing the 8th? I’d like to help get a woman elected to Limerick CouncilAugust 15, 2018
- Limerick (County) 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018May 26, 2018
- Men of Limerick, please help to repeal the 8thApril 8, 2018
- If you’re lucky, like me, then campaign for RepealMarch 8, 2018
- We need to stop this nonsense about teaching coding in primary schoolJuly 18, 2016
- Supercalifragilis-HibernoCaledoniaJune 30, 2016
- Limerick City candidates answer my questionsFebruary 25, 2016
- Email the General Election 2016 candidates in Limerick CityJanuary 31, 2016
- Why I’m GreenJanuary 24, 2016
- Paying for water is a good thingSeptember 6, 2015
- Limerick City constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Limerick (county) constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Marriage is about friendshipMay 16, 2015
- The right to marryApril 9, 2015
- Getting married?March 30, 2013
- Moyross, Education, and changing the debateFebruary 4, 2013
- Some recent accounts of sexism and harassment in the tech industryAugust 7, 2018
- 12 better rules for menJuly 18, 2018
- Is Irish masculinity in crisis?July 15, 2018
- Make our street great againJune 29, 2017
- The Curious Tale of Limerick Marketing CompanyMay 17, 2016
- Reinventing Limerick, Part 1December 18, 2013
- On Foreigners and RubbishFebruary 25, 2013
- A smart bird box to measure traffic and air qualityOctober 5, 2019
- Irish Population change 2006-2016 by areaJuly 14, 2016
- Where in Ireland has the most pubs per person?November 15, 2015
- Get all cases of an enum in Swift 4.2 with CaseIterableMay 30, 2018
- Eight opinionated tips for people learning SwiftDecember 18, 2017
- Don’t use the Force, LukeMarch 19, 2017
- Hey Siri, turn the Christmas lights onDecember 28, 2016
- iOS – checking to see if a word with blank letters is valid using NSSet, NSArray, Core Data and SQLiteOctober 19, 2016
- How I edit podcastsOctober 1, 2016
- Announcing Direach, a new WordPress theme aimed at readersAugust 11, 2016
- Three podcasters fix a WordPress plugin bug (with chat logs)July 20, 2016
- Identifying Irish addresses by countyApril 14, 2016
- Escape to the pub with a Raspberry Pi, a pressure mat and push notificationsApril 12, 2016
- Getting generic Arduino boards with CH340G chips to work with OS X 10.11 El CapitanOctober 17, 2015
- Using the KYX-5461AS 4-digit 7-segment LED display with ArduinoOctober 17, 2015
- Untitled May 10, 2020Our future is not self driving cars, but self propelled people.
- Untitled April 10, 2020Apple and Google have teamed together to offer infrastructure around contact tracing. This is exciting news. Scepticism is justified about tech companies but this is well thought out and privacy is designed in from the start.
- Untitled April 9, 2020An illustration of a coronavirus entering the lungs. The light purple proteins at the edge are the spikes that help the virus to attach to and enter other cells. Under a microscope the spikes of the virus look like a crown, hence the name coronavirus.
- Untitled March 22, 2020The word quarantine comes from the Venetian quarantena – during plague epidemics in the 14th century, ships were required to anchor outside Venice for 40 days before landing.
- Untitled March 18, 2020Tonight’s lockdown activity: a Skype table quiz with my sister’s friends in London. Parents and kids joining in too. Lots of fun.
- Untitled March 9, 2020I’ve started a new job!
- Untitled January 21, 2020How can we fix Limerick’s transport? Come along tonight to hear some brilliant people talk about how we can get Limerick moving for the benefit of all.
- Untitled January 6, 2020I’ve started my first ever MOOC: “Unraveling the Cycling City” by U of Amsterdam & Coursera. It’s free, the content is very accessible, I’d love it if anyone else fancied doing it to compare notes.
- Untitled December 30, 2019
- Untitled December 30, 2019If you are still feeling calm about the climate emergency, you simply haven’t been following the science.
- Untitled December 29, 2019Enjoying a flight free Christmas visiting family. About to set off on the penultimate leg by train across England and Wales, with lots of books for company.
- Untitled December 17, 2019All I want for Christmas is the Beautiful People.
- Untitled December 14, 2019Limerick has areas that are even more deprived than NE inner city Dublin. Could we similarly mobilise politicians, public servants, business people and citizens to tackle disadvantage? If this model is working we should replicate it.
- Untitled December 11, 2019“We’ve built ourselves a public space that encodes the dominance of the adult machine-driver” Depressing (and true) about Limerick but Eoin also gives us hope that we can fix it, if we want to.
- Untitled December 5, 2019The Mid-East’s difficulty could be the Mid-West’s opportunity. If we focus on compact growth in Limerick city centre, we can position ourselves as the country’s best option for sustainable growth.
- Untitled November 29, 2019Thought for the day: non-denominational education should not be restricted to kids whose parents own cars.
- Untitled November 28, 2019The centre of the University of Limerick’s campus.
- Untitled November 24, 2019I’m nine hours in to a twelve hour journey home from London to Limerick. It sounds gruelling but it has been lovely: acres of legroom, nice sights and a relaxing atmosphere. SailRail is such a great way to travel.
- Untitled November 20, 2019“Waiting to be ready is a strategy to fade into the oblivion. Instead, lean in, and be courageous.” A great manifesto for Limerick’s streets.
- Untitled November 20, 2019Trasna na dtonnta, dul soir, dul soir! If you’ve never done SailRail from Dublin to London I highly recommend it: very relaxing.