My name is Thomas Bibby, I am an iOS Developer based in Limerick, Ireland. Read more about me»
- The young people of Limerick have spoken, it’s time to act on climate change March 15, 2019
- Memories of the abortion referendum campaign in Limerick November 22, 2018
- What’s next after Repealing the 8th? I’d like to help get a woman elected to Limerick Council August 15, 2018
- Some recent accounts of sexism and harassment in the tech industry August 7, 2018
- 12 better rules for men July 18, 2018
- Is Irish masculinity in crisis? July 15, 2018
- Get all cases of an enum in Swift 4.2 with CaseIterable May 30, 2018
- Limerick (County) 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018 May 26, 2018
All content by category
- I’m deleting my Facebook account tomorrowJanuary 8, 2018
- Starting to break out from the walled gardenSeptember 30, 2017
- Moving onJanuary 18, 2017
- Five reasons why you should buy my old post office vanApril 23, 2016
- It’s a new dawn, a new day…May 17, 2012
- The young people of Limerick have spoken, it’s time to act on climate changeMarch 15, 2019
- Memories of the abortion referendum campaign in LimerickNovember 22, 2018
- What’s next after Repealing the 8th? I’d like to help get a woman elected to Limerick CouncilAugust 15, 2018
- Limerick (County) 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018May 26, 2018
- Men of Limerick, please help to repeal the 8thApril 8, 2018
- If you’re lucky, like me, then campaign for RepealMarch 8, 2018
- We need to stop this nonsense about teaching coding in primary schoolJuly 18, 2016
- Supercalifragilis-HibernoCaledoniaJune 30, 2016
- Limerick City candidates answer my questionsFebruary 25, 2016
- Email the General Election 2016 candidates in Limerick CityJanuary 31, 2016
- Why I’m GreenJanuary 24, 2016
- Paying for water is a good thingSeptember 6, 2015
- Limerick City constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Limerick (county) constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Marriage is about friendshipMay 16, 2015
- The right to marryApril 9, 2015
- Getting married?March 30, 2013
- Moyross, Education, and changing the debateFebruary 4, 2013
- Some recent accounts of sexism and harassment in the tech industryAugust 7, 2018
- 12 better rules for menJuly 18, 2018
- Is Irish masculinity in crisis?July 15, 2018
- Make our street great againJune 29, 2017
- The Curious Tale of Limerick Marketing CompanyMay 17, 2016
- Reinventing Limerick, Part 1December 18, 2013
- On Foreigners and RubbishFebruary 25, 2013
- Get all cases of an enum in Swift 4.2 with CaseIterableMay 30, 2018
- Eight opinionated tips for people learning SwiftDecember 18, 2017
- Don’t use the Force, LukeMarch 19, 2017
- Hey Siri, turn the Christmas lights onDecember 28, 2016
- iOS – checking to see if a word with blank letters is valid using NSSet, NSArray, Core Data and SQLiteOctober 19, 2016
- How I edit podcastsOctober 1, 2016
- Announcing Direach, a new WordPress theme aimed at readersAugust 11, 2016
- Three podcasters fix a WordPress plugin bug (with chat logs)July 20, 2016
- Identifying Irish addresses by countyApril 14, 2016
- Escape to the pub with a Raspberry Pi, a pressure mat and push notificationsApril 12, 2016
- Getting generic Arduino boards with CH340G chips to work with OS X 10.11 El CapitanOctober 17, 2015
- Using the KYX-5461AS 4-digit 7-segment LED display with ArduinoOctober 17, 2015
- Untitled May 20, 2019Your Green team. For a stronger Limerick and a stronger Europe.
- Untitled May 8, 2019You could line a room with reports written over the years saying what a bad thing sprawl has been for Limerick. We know the solution: concentrate development in the city centre. Instead we are planning even more sprawl, and it makes me sad.
- Untitled May 7, 2019This is the loveliest of things: a podcast about the story of repealing the 8th amendment in Limerick: produced by, narrated by and featuring the loveliest of people. Subscribe now and get episodes as they come in.
- Untitled May 2, 2019Ask your work colleagues if they are registered! If they weren’t born in Ireland they might think they’re not eligible. Five of my colleagues aren’t registered, so we’re heading into town tomorrow for a team lunch after getting forms signed in the Garda station.
- Untitled May 2, 2019If you live in Ireland since last Sept you can vote in local elections. Search for RFA2 form, print and get signed at Garda station. Limerick are accepting email scans of the form, you just have to email it yourself to email@example.com. Deadline Tuesday 5pm.
- Untitled April 13, 2019Hey Limerick friends, I’m looking for a place to live on my own in Limerick City Centre. If anyone knows of anywhere to rent I’d be very grateful! firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter DMs are open.
- Untitled March 20, 2019With this week’s Brexit chaos I was reminded of the Mary Poppins-inspired solution to Brexit that I came up with after the referendum. I also think our combined flag would be awesome.
- Untitled March 19, 2019Facebook are a deeply creepy company, which is why I deleted my account last year. Yet I still use WhatsApp, and I wonder if it’s ethical to keep using a Facebook-owned app in the face of all the creepiness that the company still engages in.
- Untitled March 16, 2019The young people who marched yesterday demanding climate action deserve more than platitudes in response. Here are some of my thoughts on what we can do in Limerick.
- Untitled March 15, 2019Politicians supporting the climate strike while also supporting motorway construction, building houses and schools designed around the car, and a climate-damaging agriculture policy are hypocritical. Our children are striking for action, not platitudes, and we’re failing them.
- Untitled December 6, 2018Heading to this tonight. Really looking forward to it.
- Untitled November 23, 2018Memories of the abortion referendum campaign in Limerick
- Untitled September 20, 2018The rear light on my black Brompton is faulty, so I’ve borrowed my wife’s Turkish green mode for the daily commute. It’s a very pretty colour, shows the dirt a bit more though.
- Untitled September 20, 2018I’m taking a twitter break for a while, and I’m going to turn off auto-posting my micro blog to twitter. You can still find me at https://t.bibby.ie or on micro.blog: http://micro.blog/thomasbibby
- Untitled September 17, 2018The Greens and Labour have organised a meeting next Monday in Limerick to listen to the experiences of people in the Direct Provision system. We’re grateful to the people who have agreed to speak and I hope lots of people will come to Ormston House to listen and show solidarity.
- Untitled September 11, 2018Straw poll of two people taking the bus to work on UL campus this morning, both journeys of ~7km: 1 hour 20 mins (1 bus); 1 hour 50 mins (2 buses). Slower than walking pace.
- Untitled September 10, 2018Consequences of designing a university campus around the private car: a bus stuck in a 1.5km tailback to the gates of the University of Limerick.
- Untitled September 7, 2018Rant: walking, cycling and taking public transport in Limerick is universally terrible but easily fixable if politicians/officials/we cared. Instead we’re stuck in the 70’s, trying to put cars everywhere. This makes our city so much more crappy than it needs to be.
- Untitled September 7, 2018I should add better public transport is also important for social inclusion as well as attracting overpaid nerds.
- Untitled September 7, 2018On the bus to Castletroy this morning. I’ve spotted two other software developers on the bus. We’re crawling along due to traffic. Limerick needs to sort out public transport and stop fetishising the private car if we want to attract professionals in high demand to the city.