My name is Thomas Bibby, I am an iOS Developer based in Limerick, Ireland. Read more about me»
- Links 2018-01-14 January 14, 2018
- I’m deleting my Facebook account tomorrow January 8, 2018
- Links 2018-01-07 January 8, 2018
- Links 2017-12-31 December 31, 2017
- Eight opinionated tips for people learning Swift December 18, 2017
- Starting to break out from the walled garden September 30, 2017
- Make our street great again June 29, 2017
- Don’t use the Force, Luke March 19, 2017
All content by category
- I’m deleting my Facebook account tomorrowJanuary 8, 2018
- Starting to break out from the walled gardenSeptember 30, 2017
- Moving onJanuary 18, 2017
- Five reasons why you should buy my old post office vanApril 23, 2016
- It’s a new dawn, a new day…May 17, 2012
- We need to stop this nonsense about teaching coding in primary schoolJuly 18, 2016
- Supercalifragilis-HibernoCaledoniaJune 30, 2016
- Limerick City candidates answer my questionsFebruary 25, 2016
- Email the General Election 2016 candidates in Limerick CityJanuary 31, 2016
- Why I’m GreenJanuary 24, 2016
- Paying for water is a good thingSeptember 6, 2015
- Limerick City constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Limerick (county) constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Marriage is about friendshipMay 16, 2015
- The right to marryApril 9, 2015
- Getting married?March 30, 2013
- Moyross, Education, and changing the debateFebruary 4, 2013
- Eight opinionated tips for people learning SwiftDecember 18, 2017
- Don’t use the Force, LukeMarch 19, 2017
- Hey Siri, turn the Christmas lights onDecember 28, 2016
- iOS – checking to see if a word with blank letters is valid using NSSet, NSArray, Core Data and SQLiteOctober 19, 2016
- How I edit podcastsOctober 1, 2016
- Announcing Direach, a new WordPress theme aimed at readersAugust 11, 2016
- Three podcasters fix a WordPress plugin bug (with chat logs)July 20, 2016
- Identifying Irish addresses by countyApril 14, 2016
- Escape to the pub with a Raspberry Pi, a pressure mat and push notificationsApril 12, 2016
- Getting generic Arduino boards with CH340G chips to work with OS X 10.11 El CapitanOctober 17, 2015
- Using the KYX-5461AS 4-digit 7-segment LED display with ArduinoOctober 17, 2015
- Untitled January 14, 2018Links 2018-01-14: including cryptocurrency cynicism, the origins of the Iraq war in 1990s WWII nostalgia, naming things, mens fashion and the 17 year-old in Ratoath teaching the world how to (maybe) make a fortune.
- Untitled January 10, 2018Starting a new job today. The commute is very nice.
- Untitled January 8, 2018New post: I’m deleting my Facebook account tomorrow
- Untitled January 8, 2018[Weekly links 2018-01-07](http://thomas.bibby.ie/links-2018-01-07/)
- Untitled January 8, 2018Great coffee returns to Limerick’s Mallow Street. So happy!
- Untitled January 3, 2018@aaronblock I enjoyed your blog post about using Swift as a teaching language. Curious to know how changes in Swift 3/4 have made a difference, e.g. readLine()?
- Untitled January 2, 2018Interesting news for iOS devs – Buddybuild has been acquired by Apple. There have been consistent improvements in continuous integration/delivery in Xcode over the past few years but this could be a big step change. I wonder if they will make the additions to Xcode Server or will they switch to a cloud model for […]
- Untitled January 1, 2018A new experiment I’m running – [a weekly list of links to things I enjoyed reading over the week.](http://thomas.bibby.ie/links-2017-12-31/) Feedback welcome!
- Untitled December 29, 2017New podcast episode! If you’re looking for some holiday gaming recommendations, Baz and Dave have some good ones towards the end. http://worstcasescenario.ie/podcast/049-technology-to-enable-me-to-use-less-technology/
- Untitled December 19, 2017New post: “Eight opinionated tips for people learning Swift” http://thomas.bibby.ie/eight-opinionated-tips-for-people-learning-swift/
- Untitled October 14, 2017When you close a street to traffic, you open it to hearts and minds.
- Untitled September 30, 2017New blog post: “Starting to break out from the walled garden” http://thomas.bibby.ie/starting-to-break-out-from-the-walled-garden/
- Untitled September 30, 2017Final step with Micro.blog – verify that this site is hooked up to my micro.blog account, which hopefully I just did with that link!
- Untitled September 30, 2017Think everything is hooked up now. I can even post to my own microblog from the micro.blog app! Love the simplicity of it all. Kudos to @manton for allowing me to take control of my own content. Wonder if that @ mention will work?
- Untitled September 30, 2017Hopefully this is now set up to post to micro.blog – am taking notes and might do a writeup later.
- Untitled September 30, 2017Weekend project start (this!) new micro-blog and hook it up to http://micro.blog – going for an off-the-shelf wordpress theme to get it up and running quickly