My name is Thomas Bibby, I am an iOS Developer based in Limerick, Ireland. Read more about me»
- What’s next after Repealing the 8th? I’d like to help get a woman elected to Limerick Council August 15, 2018
- Some recent accounts of sexism and harassment in the tech industry August 7, 2018
- 12 better rules for men July 18, 2018
- Is Irish masculinity in crisis? July 15, 2018
- Get all cases of an enum in Swift 4.2 with CaseIterable May 30, 2018
- Limerick (County) 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018 May 26, 2018
- Limerick City 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018 May 26, 2018
- Men of Limerick, please help to repeal the 8th April 8, 2018
All content by category
- I’m deleting my Facebook account tomorrowJanuary 8, 2018
- Starting to break out from the walled gardenSeptember 30, 2017
- Moving onJanuary 18, 2017
- Five reasons why you should buy my old post office vanApril 23, 2016
- It’s a new dawn, a new day…May 17, 2012
- What’s next after Repealing the 8th? I’d like to help get a woman elected to Limerick CouncilAugust 15, 2018
- Limerick (County) 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018May 26, 2018
- Men of Limerick, please help to repeal the 8thApril 8, 2018
- If you’re lucky, like me, then campaign for RepealMarch 8, 2018
- We need to stop this nonsense about teaching coding in primary schoolJuly 18, 2016
- Supercalifragilis-HibernoCaledoniaJune 30, 2016
- Limerick City candidates answer my questionsFebruary 25, 2016
- Email the General Election 2016 candidates in Limerick CityJanuary 31, 2016
- Why I’m GreenJanuary 24, 2016
- Paying for water is a good thingSeptember 6, 2015
- Limerick City constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Limerick (county) constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Marriage is about friendshipMay 16, 2015
- The right to marryApril 9, 2015
- Getting married?March 30, 2013
- Moyross, Education, and changing the debateFebruary 4, 2013
- Some recent accounts of sexism and harassment in the tech industryAugust 7, 2018
- 12 better rules for menJuly 18, 2018
- Is Irish masculinity in crisis?July 15, 2018
- Make our street great againJune 29, 2017
- The Curious Tale of Limerick Marketing CompanyMay 17, 2016
- Reinventing Limerick, Part 1December 18, 2013
- On Foreigners and RubbishFebruary 25, 2013
- Get all cases of an enum in Swift 4.2 with CaseIterableMay 30, 2018
- Eight opinionated tips for people learning SwiftDecember 18, 2017
- Don’t use the Force, LukeMarch 19, 2017
- Hey Siri, turn the Christmas lights onDecember 28, 2016
- iOS – checking to see if a word with blank letters is valid using NSSet, NSArray, Core Data and SQLiteOctober 19, 2016
- How I edit podcastsOctober 1, 2016
- Announcing Direach, a new WordPress theme aimed at readersAugust 11, 2016
- Three podcasters fix a WordPress plugin bug (with chat logs)July 20, 2016
- Identifying Irish addresses by countyApril 14, 2016
- Escape to the pub with a Raspberry Pi, a pressure mat and push notificationsApril 12, 2016
- Getting generic Arduino boards with CH340G chips to work with OS X 10.11 El CapitanOctober 17, 2015
- Using the KYX-5461AS 4-digit 7-segment LED display with ArduinoOctober 17, 2015
- Untitled August 20, 2018My father-in-law, Joe Cahill, passed away this morning. He was a lovely kind and generous man and he will be missed. Wake in Ovens Co. Cork (Eircode P12 Y239) tomorrow at 6pm and funeral mass at noon Weds in Macroom church.
- Untitled August 16, 2018A beautiful, eloquent and wise piece from a wonderful Limerick Repealer about the referendum.
- Untitled August 15, 2018What’s next after Repealing the 8th? I’d like to help get a woman elected to Limerick Council.
- Untitled August 13, 2018Had a lovely few days camping on Cape Clear off the coast of Cork.
- Untitled August 7, 2018And in case you think that sexism in tech is a few isolated incidents and doesn’t affect the actual tech, consider this: YouTube’s speech detection is 13% more accurate with male voices
- Untitled August 7, 2018Some accounts I’ve read over the past few years from engineers and other professionals in the tech industry who have experienced sexism and harassment.
- Untitled August 7, 2018This is pretty terrible: FitBit doesn’t allow you to enter a period length of over 10 days.
- Untitled July 30, 2018This is a wonderful account by a lovely Limerick repealer of the referendum campaign. And if you’re a repealer I’d love to read your story too.
- Untitled July 27, 2018This was so much fun. Can’t wait for the last Friday in August when we get to do it again.
- Untitled July 27, 2018Critical mass in Limerick!
- Untitled July 27, 2018Effective because they put a password you’ve used in the subject line. Ransom is $1000!
- Untitled July 26, 2018Looking forward to hearing Karin Dubsky speak in Askeaton tonight about the Shannon Estuary, should be a great event.
- Untitled July 18, 2018“Inspired” by Jordan Peterson, I tried to come up with a list of 12 better rules for men.
- Untitled July 16, 2018Being a man on Twitter vs. being a woman on Twitter
- Untitled July 15, 2018I wrote a small thing about Jordan Peterson coming to Dublin and a possible crisis for Irish masculinity and what we might do about it.
- Untitled July 7, 2018Happy Pride from the Limerick Greens.
- Untitled July 7, 2018So many beautiful things in Made in Limerick on Thomas St. Worth a visit!
- Untitled July 5, 2018My new internet addiction: so simple yet so clever. Let’s write a mini story together!
- Untitled July 5, 2018Any software developers in Limerick looking for a junior role? Feel free to drop me a line. Email address on my website.
- Untitled June 26, 2018Dear Autocorrect: I’m not sure this algal bloom is what you meant by ducking hell but I’d say it’s pretty ducking annoying. Also: no ducks in photo as they ducked off.