My name is Thomas Bibby, I am an iOS Developer based in Limerick, Ireland. Read more about me»
- If you’re lucky, like me, then campaign for Repeal March 8, 2018
- Supercharging Public Transport around Limerick’s Superblock March 4, 2018
- Links 2018-03-04 March 4, 2018
- Links 2018-02-25 February 26, 2018
- Links 2018-02-18 February 18, 2018
- Links 2018-02-11 February 11, 2018
- Links 2018-02-04 February 4, 2018
- Links 2018-01-28 January 29, 2018
All content by category
- I’m deleting my Facebook account tomorrowJanuary 8, 2018
- Starting to break out from the walled gardenSeptember 30, 2017
- Moving onJanuary 18, 2017
- Five reasons why you should buy my old post office vanApril 23, 2016
- It’s a new dawn, a new day…May 17, 2012
- If you’re lucky, like me, then campaign for RepealMarch 8, 2018
- We need to stop this nonsense about teaching coding in primary schoolJuly 18, 2016
- Supercalifragilis-HibernoCaledoniaJune 30, 2016
- Limerick City candidates answer my questionsFebruary 25, 2016
- Email the General Election 2016 candidates in Limerick CityJanuary 31, 2016
- Why I’m GreenJanuary 24, 2016
- Paying for water is a good thingSeptember 6, 2015
- Limerick City constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Limerick (county) constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Marriage is about friendshipMay 16, 2015
- The right to marryApril 9, 2015
- Getting married?March 30, 2013
- Moyross, Education, and changing the debateFebruary 4, 2013
- Eight opinionated tips for people learning SwiftDecember 18, 2017
- Don’t use the Force, LukeMarch 19, 2017
- Hey Siri, turn the Christmas lights onDecember 28, 2016
- iOS – checking to see if a word with blank letters is valid using NSSet, NSArray, Core Data and SQLiteOctober 19, 2016
- How I edit podcastsOctober 1, 2016
- Announcing Direach, a new WordPress theme aimed at readersAugust 11, 2016
- Three podcasters fix a WordPress plugin bug (with chat logs)July 20, 2016
- Identifying Irish addresses by countyApril 14, 2016
- Escape to the pub with a Raspberry Pi, a pressure mat and push notificationsApril 12, 2016
- Getting generic Arduino boards with CH340G chips to work with OS X 10.11 El CapitanOctober 17, 2015
- Using the KYX-5461AS 4-digit 7-segment LED display with ArduinoOctober 17, 2015
- Untitled March 22, 2018First pilot canvass in Limerick tonight. Positive response. We’ll be out in numbers from next week.
- Untitled March 22, 2018Episode 50 of our podcast is out. Of course we forgot to mark the milestone. Looking forward to the next 50.
- Untitled March 8, 2018With rights and privilege come a responsibility to fight for those without: some thoughts about why I’ll be campaigning to repeal the 8th amendment.
- Untitled March 4, 2018I’ve put together some thoughts on how we could achieve an integrated bus network in Limerick and still keep our city centre free from through traffic.
- Untitled March 4, 2018Links for this week: research falsification, gaslighting, six degrees of wikipedia, red dots.
- Untitled March 3, 2018Clearing a snow-covered footpath is very satisfying. I’m a bit wrecked now though!
- Untitled February 28, 2018My current commuting outfit makes me look a bit demented but at least it keeps the snow out of my eyes.
- Untitled February 26, 2018This week’s links: lobbying, dictionaries and first world problems.
- Untitled February 19, 2018I’m looking forward to presenting some research on the impact of traffic removal in regional city centres on Wednesday, alongside six other very talented speakers. Event is free but you need to book.
- Untitled February 18, 2018This week’s links include baby advice, a gloriously sprawling article about tech, design and the Amish, and a guaranteed way to get to sleep.
- Untitled February 13, 2018Anybody hiring iOS developers in Limerick or remote? Not looking myself but I know quite a few very talented iOS devs locally who are available, they would get snapped up in a heartbeat if they were in a bigger city. Contact details on my website if anybody wants to get in touch.
- Untitled February 12, 2018To the random heroine who tried to stop to help me after I fell off my bike on the ice, and ended up falling off her own bike as a result: thank you and I’m so very sorry!
- Untitled February 11, 2018Links for this week include a few interesting posts about ethics in the tech industry (which is turning into a bit of a hobby horse for me) and a wise article from Michael Lewis about US politics.
- Untitled February 9, 2018Huge thanks to Allen Wixted for presenting. You should download his app, it’s class! https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/no-place-like/id1336606763?mt=8
- Untitled February 9, 2018Good crowd for our Limerick iOS dev meetup tonight.
- Untitled February 8, 2018Thursday night Power Grid
- Untitled February 6, 2018Brompton silhouette this evening by the River Shannon.
- Untitled February 4, 2018Links I enjoyed this week, including proto social networks, insecure overachievers, and the punk rock internet.
- Untitled February 2, 2018Attended the first Limerick AI/Games meetup last night. Good fun, interesting talks and fun pints after.
- Untitled January 30, 2018A new present to myself. Taking a while to break in but it’s starting to feel very comfy.