My name is Thomas Bibby, I am an iOS Developer based in Limerick, Ireland. Read more about me»
- 12 better rules for men July 18, 2018
- Is Irish masculinity in crisis? July 15, 2018
- Get all cases of an enum in Swift 4.2 with CaseIterable May 30, 2018
- Limerick (County) 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018 May 26, 2018
- Limerick City 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018 May 26, 2018
- Men of Limerick, please help to repeal the 8th April 8, 2018
- If you’re lucky, like me, then campaign for Repeal March 8, 2018
- Supercharging Public Transport around Limerick’s Superblock March 4, 2018
All content by category
- I’m deleting my Facebook account tomorrowJanuary 8, 2018
- Starting to break out from the walled gardenSeptember 30, 2017
- Moving onJanuary 18, 2017
- Five reasons why you should buy my old post office vanApril 23, 2016
- It’s a new dawn, a new day…May 17, 2012
- Limerick (County) 8th Amendment Referendum Tally 2018May 26, 2018
- Men of Limerick, please help to repeal the 8thApril 8, 2018
- If you’re lucky, like me, then campaign for RepealMarch 8, 2018
- We need to stop this nonsense about teaching coding in primary schoolJuly 18, 2016
- Supercalifragilis-HibernoCaledoniaJune 30, 2016
- Limerick City candidates answer my questionsFebruary 25, 2016
- Email the General Election 2016 candidates in Limerick CityJanuary 31, 2016
- Why I’m GreenJanuary 24, 2016
- Paying for water is a good thingSeptember 6, 2015
- Limerick City constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Limerick (county) constituency tally Marriage Equality Referendum 2015May 24, 2015
- Marriage is about friendshipMay 16, 2015
- The right to marryApril 9, 2015
- Getting married?March 30, 2013
- Moyross, Education, and changing the debateFebruary 4, 2013
- Get all cases of an enum in Swift 4.2 with CaseIterableMay 30, 2018
- Eight opinionated tips for people learning SwiftDecember 18, 2017
- Don’t use the Force, LukeMarch 19, 2017
- Hey Siri, turn the Christmas lights onDecember 28, 2016
- iOS – checking to see if a word with blank letters is valid using NSSet, NSArray, Core Data and SQLiteOctober 19, 2016
- How I edit podcastsOctober 1, 2016
- Announcing Direach, a new WordPress theme aimed at readersAugust 11, 2016
- Three podcasters fix a WordPress plugin bug (with chat logs)July 20, 2016
- Identifying Irish addresses by countyApril 14, 2016
- Escape to the pub with a Raspberry Pi, a pressure mat and push notificationsApril 12, 2016
- Getting generic Arduino boards with CH340G chips to work with OS X 10.11 El CapitanOctober 17, 2015
- Using the KYX-5461AS 4-digit 7-segment LED display with ArduinoOctober 17, 2015
- Untitled July 18, 2018“Inspired” by Jordan Peterson, I tried to come up with a list of 12 better rules for men.
- Untitled July 16, 2018Being a man on Twitter vs. being a woman on Twitter
- Untitled July 15, 2018I wrote a small thing about Jordan Peterson coming to Dublin and a possible crisis for Irish masculinity and what we might do about it.
- Untitled July 7, 2018Happy Pride from the Limerick Greens.
- Untitled July 7, 2018So many beautiful things in Made in Limerick on Thomas St. Worth a visit!
- Untitled July 5, 2018My new internet addiction: so simple yet so clever. Let’s write a mini story together!
- Untitled July 5, 2018Any software developers in Limerick looking for a junior role? Feel free to drop me a line. Email address on my website.
- Untitled June 26, 2018Dear Autocorrect: I’m not sure this algal bloom is what you meant by ducking hell but I’d say it’s pretty ducking annoying. Also: no ducks in photo as they ducked off.
- Untitled June 22, 2018This is a lovely account of the referendum campaign in Kerry. Captures perfectly the loneliness at the start, the struggling through when we thought we were going to lose, the late euphoria when we thought we might win, and the sense of loss thereafter.
- Untitled June 18, 2018Feeling utter shame that Ireland is ranked 27th out of 28 European countries in tackling climate change. Our inaction is an act of sabotage against the world’s poorest people.
- Untitled June 12, 2018Ambitious cities plan for great public transport. It’s great that Dublin is getting serious about buses but we desperately need a similar plan for Limerick. Planning now for a high quality bus system will ensure inward investment and social inclusion in the future.
- Untitled June 9, 2018Great session last night at the Limerick iOS dev meetup, with a really accessible talk on Augmented Reality and its applications in industry.
- Untitled June 7, 2018This Sunday Catherine St. will be closed to traffic and open to families. Come along and get a glimpse of a safer, happier and healthier future for Limerick.
- Untitled May 13, 2018Streets are better with people, not cars
- Untitled April 17, 2018The University of Limerick actually employs people to stop pedestrians from using pedestrian crossings at rush hour.
- Untitled April 8, 2018Men of Limerick, we need your help this Wednesday.
- Untitled April 7, 2018Our 51st podcast episode, and our first with a guest. Stephen Coyle joined us to talk about all his apps, the challenges of being an indie developer, and lots of other things. Really enjoyed recording this one.
- Untitled April 7, 2018The next Limerick iOS developer meetup is on Friday. Looking forward to hearing Brian Halpin give an overview on developing for the Apple Watch. Newcomers welcome!
- Untitled March 24, 2018The graffiti around here is on point
- Untitled March 24, 2018An eloquent and powerful piece by Anne Enright in The Guardian today about pregnancy and consent.